Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Life: Is it ok to dye your hair? [!OT]

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've found this thread in another board. The original post is:

    ?The problem as seen by me:

    This encourages women to define themselves primarily by their bodily appearance and not their inner strengths and qualities. This is no ?trivial? matter and is specially important in regard to our daughters.

    I find that too many people change their hair color to blond/light brown just to appear more anglo/white/Northern European. I think this is not a very nice practice because it feeds into the prejudice that blondes are more acceptable, attractive, etc. What about us Latins with dark color hair? Are we not as desirable? Why do we have to fit Anglo standards of beauty and not accept our heritage and physiognomy? Aren't we being ashamed of who we are as Latin Americans by capitulating to that?

    As far as the right to choose, I would prefer to exercise that right carefully when and if it perpetuates the blonde standard because, as in the case of TV and film roles, it has kept darker people from getting the leading roles.?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">To which I reply:

    I don't think it's a problem. Would you say using fashioned clothing and lipstick encourages women to define themselves by their body appearance as well? I think it's just a matter of personal preference; how do you want to look like, which is/should be up to you and your standards alone.

    Just like blonde=better is a matter of personal preference as well. I'm Spanish (white), and I find black haired Asian women hottest. Of course, this is just as far physical attaction (which would be silly to deny) goes.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Only a moron would find it wrong to dye your hair.

    Hell, I wouldn't mind dying mine, not because I think other colors are better, but because it's boring, and i'd like something new.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 24, 2004 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i agree, dying is fine

    as long as it looks good on the person why the hell not, even if it doesnt look good, its the person's choice to look stupid =P

  4. #4
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bah I do want I want to do. If I want to color my hair I will, thinking about it though . . . but I gotta go to Toronto for that. It'd be fun to have something new ^_^

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want red hair ^_^

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blue hair ownz all, and one day (sooner or later) I'll make it fancy dark blue. ^^

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dying your hair isnt like getting a tattoo, it does wear off after a while so its not bad. But Im happy with my hair colour, so i wont bother.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never understood why some people say it's bad to dye your hair yellow. It's just a new form of politically correct, tolerant, modern discrimination and nazism.

    Any color is nice. But I'll stay with my natural color which I'm happy with, unless I'm with some girl who wants a different one (since it's something I don't really care much for). However, I wouldn't use artificial colors like blue or green; I like green hair in anime but in real people I think it looks weird.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, pink, blue, green, all those just end up looking stupid on real liffe people, IMO.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I totally agree. But I don't think I'll dye my hair

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •